Monday, January 23, 2017

Intro to GIS: Week 2 Lab Assignment





In this week's lab assignment, we had to create our own map of University of West Florida's Main Campus in Escambia County, Florida. This map shows cities that are close to the UWF Main Campus, major rivers which flow around Escambia County, and interstate roads. During this assignment, we had to manipulate the different tools of the ArcMap software, such as, creating new data layers and taking out other data layers.

When I was designing this map in the ArcMap this week, I had quite a rough time with the data layers not overlapping one another. I tried  quite a few things to remedy this issue; however, nothing did not seemed to work for me. So, I started the whole map over from scratch which I encountered slightly different issues with the Escambia County data layer becoming way too small or too larger for the data frame. The fourth time around seemed to resolved the problem with the size format of Escambia County. After the size issue was resolved, the assignment moved smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment