Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Intro to GIS: Week 4 Lab Assignment







In this week's lab, we learned different ways to share GIS maps with other people. The three methods that we were shown in this lesson are creating a map package in ArcMap, create a map on ArcGIS Online, and Google Earth. Each student created their own map that list the 'Top 10' places of their choice which they created a txt. file as dataset for these maps.  

The location-based Top 10 list that I decided to map was the Top 10  Art Museums in Florida. The main areas of focus on the map are going to be Miami, St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Naples, West Palm Beach and Winter Park areas. I originally wanted to map the Top 10 Museum in the USA, but I thought it would be better to focus on the state of Florida since we are in the beautiful ‘Sunshine State’. The reason why I choosed to make my Top 10 list of museums is because I have passion for seeing different pieces of artwork from all over the world. Also, art has a lot of history behind it. Here's the link to my map: http://arcg.is/2kI98LI

This week's lab helped me expand my knowledge about GIS and how I can share this data with others. I feel like I was able to grasp the information very quick and was easily transitioning through each method of sharing GIS maps in this lesson.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment